Arulmighu Vadaaranyeswarar Temple, Thiruvalangadu
How to reach the Thiruvalangadu Temple
About 16 Kms away from Tiruvallur on South west direction and about 60 Kms away from Chennai. The best way to reach the temple is by travelling to Tiruvallur and take an auto or route buses goes to Tiruvalankadu Temple. Lots of trains available from Chennai Railway (Central) Station to Tiruvallur also.
Swamy - Arulmighu DevarsingapPerumaan as Swayambhu lingam facing His thirumugham towards East direction. Swamy popularly called as "Arulmighu VadaAranyeswarar".
Ambal (Iraivi) - Arulmighu Vandar Kuzhali Amman, in a separate sannadhi facing south direction.
Theertham - Muththi theertham.
Thala Viruksham - Palaa maram (Jack fruit tree).
Pathigam - Sambandhar - 1, Appar - 1 and Sundarar - 1.
Sannadhis for Sidhi Vinayakar, Subramanyar, Agora Veerabhadrar, Lingothbavar, Durgai, Pancha lingam, Kaali, Sri Vijaya Raghava Perumal, Kaaraikaal Ammaiyar, Moonjikesakar, Naalvar and Navagraham are found.
About the Temple
1. One among Pancha Sabhai – Rathna Sabhai is found in this Sthalam.
2. This Sthalam is called as "Vadaaranyam", Thiru Aalangadu, Pazhayanur Aalangandu.
3. As the result of the complete bhakthi of Moonjikesakar, Kaarkkodi Muni, the perumaan showed his form with 8 shoulders, raising his left leg up near his head. This is one of the Thaandavam and called as "Oorthuva thaandavam".
4. Siva Peruman showed His special Dharshan to Kaaraikaal Ammaiyar (one among 63 Naayanmaars) who walked towards this Sthalam with her head instead of the legs. Shiva Perumaan gave mukthi for Kaaraikaal Ammaiyar in this Sthalam.
5. Knowing the greatness and bhakthi of Kaaraikaal Ammaiyar (as she didn't keep her feet) Thiru Gnana sambhandhar stayed outside this Sthalam as he does not want to keep his leg on the Sthalam. But, in his dream, Perumaan showed his presence and asked him to sing a Pathigam on this Sthalam. As ordered, Gnana Sambhandar sang a Pathigam on this Sthalam.
6. During Maargazhi Thiruvadhirai, the Dharishanam given by Perumaan to Munikesar and Kaarkodaga muni utsavams is performed.